* Fri Dec 29 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ack 2.22:
* Avoid a fatal error that sometimes occured if a file was
* support for Kotlin
* Sped up file type detection for certain files.
- includes 2.20:
* When using submodules, .git directory will be a file.
This is now ignored by default.
* Changed construction in the docs that Ubuntu flagged as a
- cleanup with spec-cleaner
* Sat Mar 25 2017 email@example.com
- ack 2.18:
* no longer throw an undefined variable when called from a
directory that doesn't exist
* --context=0 (-C 0) can now override arkrc settings
* --after-context (-A) and --before-context (-B) no longer
require a value to be passed, defaulting to 2
* Add .xhtml to the --html filetype
* Add .wsdl to the --xml filetype.
* Sat Mar 11 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ack 2.16:
* Include .cljs, .cljc and .edn files with the --clojure filetype
* Add .xsd to the --xml filetype
* Add support for Swift language
* The MSYS2 project is now seen as Windows
* Expand the definition of OCaml files
* Add support for Groovy Server Pages
* Thu Feb 04 2016 email@example.com
- ack 2.15_02
- Bug fixes:
* Reverted an optimization to make \s work properly again
* The JSP filetype (--jsp) now recognizes .jspf files.
* Wed Feb 25 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ack 2.15_01
- Bug fixes:
* The -l and -c flags would sometimes return inaccurate results
due to bug introduced in 2.14.
* Behavior when using newlines in a search was inconsistent.
* Add minimal requirement of Getopt::Long 2.38, not 2.35, for
* Many optimizations and code cleanups.
* Added --hpp option for C++ header files.
* ack now supports --ignore-dir=match:....
* ack also supports --ignore-dir=ext:..., and --noignore-dir
supports match/ext as well
* Thu Sep 04 2014 email@example.com
- ack 2.14:
- Bug fixes:
* The -s flag would fail to suppress certain warnings
* The -w flag would fail to work properly with regex features
such as alternation
* The -g flag should now work faster on larger codebases
- Includes enhancements from 2.13 series:
* Add docs for available colors in ack.
* --create-ackrc keeps the comments that describe each of the
options, and it shows the ack version number
* Now ignores Cabal (Haskell) sandboxes
* Added filetypes for Jade, Smarty and Stylus
- updated patches for context changes:
- removed patches:
* Fri Jan 17 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to ack 2.12:
fixes potential remote code execution via per-project .ackrc files
* prevents the --pager, --regex and --output options from being
used from project-level ackrc files, preventing possible code
execution when using ack through malicious files
* --pager, --regex and --output options may still be used from
the global /etc/ackrc, your own private ~/.ackrc, the ACK_OPTIONS
environment variable, and of course from the command line.
* Now ignores Eclipse .metadata directory.
- includes changes form 2.11_02:
* upstream source mispackaging fix
- includes changes from 2.11_01
* Fixed a race condition in t/file-permission.t that was causing
failures if tests were run in parallel.
- modified patches:
* ack-ignore-osc.patch adjust for upstream source changes
* Tue Oct 29 2013 email@example.com
- fix SLE build: File::Next does not have the required version. It
is only used in regression tests - skip them for SLE
* Thu Oct 17 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 2.10:
* Add --perltest for *.t files
* Added Matlab support
* More compatibility fixes for Perl 5.8.8.
- includes changes from 2.08
* ack now ignores CMake's build/cache directories by default
* Add shebang matching for --lua files
* Add documentation for --ackrc
* Add Elixir filetype
* Add --cathy option
* Add some helpful debugging tips when an invalid option is found
* Ignore PDF files by default, because Perl will detect them as text
* Ignore .gif, .jpg, .jpeg and .png files. They won't normally be
selected, but this is an optimization so that ack doesn't have to
open them to know
* Ack's colorizing of output would get confused with multiple sets
* Ack would get confused when trying to colorize the output in
- includes changes from 2.05_01
* We now ignore the node_modules directories created by npm
* --pager without an argument implies --pager=$PAGER
* --perl now recognizes Plack-style .psgi files
* Added filetypes for Coffescript, JSON, LESS, and Sass.
* Command-line options now override options set in ackrc files
* ACK_PAGER and ACK_PAGER_COLOR now work as advertised.
* Fix a bug resulting in uninitialized variable warnings when more
than one capture group was specified in the search pattern
* Make sure ack is happy to build and test under cron and other
- packaging changes:
* run more rests with IO::Pty
* refresh ack-ignore-osc.patch for upstream changes
* update project URL
- port changes from devel:languages:perl ack by email@example.com:
* correct metadata: licence, CPAN download, homepage
* unset forced prefix - let Perl configuration and toolchain
determine the prefix/install_base which will DTRT
* bash completion is gone, remove dead code
* Thu Aug 15 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add perl-File-Next runtime dependency
* Mon Jul 22 2013 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.0.4
* Major update, see http://beyondgrep.com/ack-2.0/ for details
- Refresh ack-ignore-osc.patch, ack-add_spec.patch
* Mon Feb 27 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
-run osc service localrun format_spec_file to fix for factory
* Mon Feb 13 2012 email@example.com
- patch license to follow spdx.org standard
* Mon Sep 19 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.96:
- min.js or .min.js is ignored.
* Added Groovy support (--groovy).
* Added .pm6 as a --perl extension.
* Lua can now get detected from the shebang line. Thanks,
* Added support for version numbers in executables in shebang
detection. Now if your Perl program's shebang refers to
/usr/local/bin/perl-5.14.1, ack will find it.
* Sat Sep 17 2011 email@example.com
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
- Use %_smp_mflags for parallel build
* Sat Feb 26 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add --spec/--rpm for .spec files
* Tue Nov 16 2010 email@example.com
- update to 1.94:
* Added support for Go and Delphi.
* Ignores Monotone's _MTN directories.
* Added .xsl to the list of --xml files.
- changes from 1.93_02:
* --man and --version now return with an exit code of 0 (they used to exit with a 1)
* the --ignore-dir option now can ignore entire paths relative to your current directory
* added --invert-file-match switch to negate the sense of the -g/-G switches
- changes from 1.93_01:
[FILE TYPE UPDATES]
* added --verilog, --vhdl and --clojure
* files that match *.mk and *.mak as well as GNUmakefile are now included in the ack filetype 'make' (issue 88)
* added RSpec's .spec type to the --ruby list
* added docs for -r, -R, --recurse options
* added new switch --color-lineno and environment variable ACK_COLOR_LINENO, which allow setting the line number color
* added option --show-types to output the types that ack considers a file to have
* 'ack --count --no-filename regex' doesn't output a list of numbers but a sum of all occurences; this is NOT what grep does but is the more sensible behavior
* fixed ack misbehavior when using --match or not specifying a regex
* fixed issue 74: analog to grep, 'ack --count regex file' now only outputs the number of found matches, if only one file is given
* fixed issue 76: giving both --line and a regex (with --match) now leads to an error; the same is true for -f or -g in conjunction with --match
* fixed issue 80: piping into ack --count now works as expected: ack always returned 0 when piped into, no matter how many matches where found
* fixed issue 81: .ackrc now ignores leading/trailing whitespace
* Thu Nov 11 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- applied patch by Pavol Rusnak <email@example.com> from openSUSE:Factory:Contrib/ack to ignore .osc directories (redone for release 1.92)
- merged .changes entries for 1.92 by Petr Uzl <firstname.lastname@example.org> from openSUSE:Factory:Contrib/ack, he was a lot less lazy than me
* Sun Feb 14 2010 email@example.com
- removed bash completion file, way too slow
* Sun Feb 14 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.92:
* Added Scala support. Thanks to Dan Sully.
* Added .phtml as an extension for PHP.
* Using -f or -g now return a proper error code. If files are
found, ack returns 0. If none are found, ack returns 1. This
is a change in the specification, but the code didn't match the
* No man pages are created for any of the .pm files any more.
* The --pager flag would not work. Now it does. Thanks Packy
* File matching for Emacs work files that match #*# was wrong.
It was checking the entire path, not just the basename. This
is fixed. (http://github.com/petdance/ack/issues/closed/#issue/101)
* Fixed URLs that pointed to old Google Code.
- split out perl-App-Ack into its own subpackage