* Wed Aug 02 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.6.7:
* pyext/yoda/rootcompat.pyx: Fix ordering of TH1 vs. TProfile
* Add static Reader methods to match the Writer ones.
* Fix Histo2D and Profile2D total distribution reading from YODA
* Convert TH1F to TH1D in root2flat. Much simpler than
duplicating the TH1D stuff in pyext.
- Changes from version 1.6.6:
* Bugfixes in Cython bins accessors for Histo2D.
* Fixed warning messages about the obsoleteness of AIDA so that
the scripts actually still work.
* Mon Feb 13 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call ldconfig directly. Add sover.diff, enforce versioning
as per guidelines.
* Thu Feb 02 2017 email@example.com
- use individual libboost-*-devel packages instead of boost-devel
* Thu Nov 10 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.6.5:
* Fix handling of --enable/disable-root configure options.
* Improvements to Cython version testing.
- Numerous changes from last packaged version (1.3.1) through
version 1.6.4. Please see ChangeLog file for details.
- Drop YODA-boost-configure-for-GCC5.patch: no longer needed due
to fixes in upstream code.
* Thu Jun 25 2015 email@example.com
- Add YODA-boost-configure-for-GCC5.patch to fix autoconf
boost macros lookup with GCC5; patch taken from boost.m4
- Clean up some further remnants of %buildroot in python
* Thu Jun 25 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.3.1:
+ Adding usefocus optional argument to some mkScatter functions,
plus the Python bindings.
+ Cleaning up some Python mappings of 2D histogram bin classes.
+ Removing mappings of bin-level fill and scale operations in
+ Fix formatting and error handling in Python Bin and Dbn
+ Add a -i/--in-place option pair on yodascale.
+ Convert script matching options to use re search rather than
+ Adding matching options and verbose option to yodals.
+ Improvements and additions to ROOTCnv.h routines, particularly
to TProfile creation: thanks to Roman Lysak for advice.
+ Add convenience YODA/YODA.h header.
+ yodascale now uses PointMatcher and can normalize or multiply
to abs values or ref histos/bin ranges.
+ Adding yoda.matcher Python sub-package with PointMatcher
functionality. To be used in Professor 2.0 and in yodascale.
+ Adding 'scat2' type to yodahist.
+ Add match/unmatch args to all conversion scripts, via a new
Python yoda.script_helpers function.
+ Script updates, improved docstrings, and improved tab
+ Add a yoda.plotting sub-module, based on matplotlib.
+ Small build improvements.
+ Handle overflow filling in binned types without invoking an
+ Change inRange to have non-fuzzy comparison behaviour.
+ Improving/adding __div__ functions in Python for all binned
+ Add std:: prefix to isinf() calls in BinSearcher.h.
* Sun Oct 26 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.3.0:
+ Use numEntries() rather than effNumEntries() when checking
consistency of inputs to efficiency() calculations -- the
effNumEntries of a set can be smaller than that of a strict
+ Small improvements to yodahist and yodaplot behaviours/UIs.
+ Adding setX/Y/Z(val, err) methods to Point3D.
+ Add an efficiency method for 2D histos.
+ Hide fill and fillBin methods from Python mappings of bin
* Thu Sep 18 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.2.1:
+ Hide non-const access to bin objects from histogram user:
avoids potential for inconsistency between total dbns and
+ Bug in BinSearcher fixed by Peter Richardson: constructor
arguments were passed in the wrong order when constructing
a LinEstimator in cases where log binning wouldn't be
+ Add protection against / characters in histo names in
+ Add +=, -=, *-, /=, ++ and -- operators to Counter, along
with an (implicit) constructor from a double -- all for user
convenience so Counter can be used in lieu of a simple number
- Changes from version 1.2.0:
+ Many changes from 1.1.0 version, please see installed
- Add the new binaries yadals, yodaplot and yodascale to filelist.
* Sat Jun 21 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.1.0:
+ YODA 1.1.0 release.
+ Adding unit tests against ref data for yodamerge in make check.
+ Removing 'foreach' macro definition and using raw
BOOST_FOREACH instead until C++11 is allowed.
+ Adding pytest-p1d and pytest-p2d tests, and FLAT
writing/reading in pytests.
+ Tweaking WriterFLAT and adding ReaderFLAT functionality for 2D
histos and profiles.
+ Some basic (FLAT) write-out capability for 2D histos
+ Improvements to the yodahist script, including support for 2D
histograms and input files.
+ Adding bin edges constructors for all 1D and 2D histos in
+ Improvements to Profile2D and Point2D interfaces in Python.
+ Add a single-file at a time yodacnv multi-format converter
script (thanks to Andrii Verbytskyi for the suggestion).
+ Typo fixes in Profile2D YODA-format parsing: 2D histo tests
+ Adding Python tests for Histo2D and Profile2D.
+ Adding a YODA/Predicates.h header and using it in Axis2D bin
+ Enabling Profile2D writing in various Writers, and a bit of IO
+ Disable writing out of Histo2D and Profile2D outflows for now,
while they are redesigned, and get 2D I/O working for the
+ Mapping the divide and efficiency functions into the Python
interface as class methods, including the __div__ special
+ Add the AnalysisObject::type() method back in Python (even
though type(ao) is more Pythonic, this may be useful)
+ Add Profile2D YODA format writing, note need for Scatter
format change, add sumXY storage to both 2D histo types.
+ Adding YODA reader functionality for Histo2D and Profile2D,
but without outflows support yet.
+ Adding simple command line yodahist script for quick 1D
histogramming from plain text files, with weight support. More
development to come!
+ Mapping linspace, logspace and a few stat functions into
+ Fixes, script installation, and detailed numerical comparisons
+ Change AnalysisObject::annotations to return the list of
annotation keys rather than the map, since the previous
behaviour mapped very badly into Python.
+ Add special case handling for 2-arg use of x2y scripts where
the second arg is -, for stdin. This will be treated as
writing out to stdout, not converting two files one of which
+ Adding a more portable version of getline to be used in the
YODA file parsing to avoid falling over on DOS-produced input
+ Adding the namespace protection workaround for Boost described
+ Adding an assumed-equal-run-size, ratio-like merging heuristic
for Scatter2Ds to yodamerge, and renaming the --normalize-all
flag to --assume-normalized.
+ Adding and installing a pkg-config data file for YODA.
+ Rationalising (and fixing?) the yodamerge logic re. user &
normalization scalings, and making way for a Scatter2D merging
- Packaging changes:
+ Package new binaries yodacnv, yodadiff, yodahist
+ Package new pkgconfig file (buildrequires pkg-config).
* Tue Dec 10 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial version
* Wed May 23 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.7.0:
* Add Nentries printout to yodals -v
* Patches for ROOT conversion from Robert Hatcher -- thanks!
* Add YODA format version annotation, at version 2, and update
YODA reader to use version info and multiline YAML EOF marker.
* Write YODA annotations in YAML with a --- YAML break-line.
* Enable compressed writing from Python.
* Remove UNUSED macro in favour of anonymous args.
* Enable zipped writing... but only works from C++ so far.
* Add HistoBin2D::area(), and provide a default normto=1.0
argument on the Python Histo2D.normalize() method.
* Change license explicitly to GPLv3, cf. MCnet3 agreement.
* Parse YODA format AO headers as YAML (restriction to
single-line dict entries for now).
* Use a slightly enhanced fast numeric parser in ReaderYODA
(taken from LHAPDF, originally inspired by Gavin Salam).
* Add an UNSCALE spec option to yodascale, to undo ScaledBy
* Add optional zlib support via zstr
* Fix setVal(i, x) numbered-axis methods on Point2D and Point3D:
switch break statements were missing.
* Explicitly load all ROOT objects as a list rather than
generator. Patch from Dmitry Kalinkin.
* Improvements to yodaplot, including two operating modes: the
default CMP mode is suitable for plotting histos by path, from
raw .yoda files.
* Update yoda.plotting functions to treat plot-keys as args and
AO annotations via case-insensitive keys.
* Add annotationsDict to the Python AO interface.
* Add AO as an alias for AnalysisObject.
* Add parallel/compatibility yoda1 package to aid eventual
transition to YODA v2.
* Add x,y,zMins and Maxs to all 1D data types and scatters (and
x,yMin/Max to the scatters) -- Python interface only.
* Rework some of the yoda.plotting tools, making it a bit more
compatible with user-scripted matplotlib.
* Add convenience aliases H1D, H2D, P1D, P2D, and S1D, S2D, S3D
for the HistoXD, ProfileXD, and ScatterXD classes
* Add xyVals/Errs and other 'bin array property' accessors to
the Python Histo1D and Profile1D types: important for
connection to matplotlib.
* Use Python natsort library to sort yodals output if available.
- Rebase sover.diff.
- Add BuildRequires: pkgconfig(zlib); now required for bulding
- Fix env-based hashbangs.