* Fri Nov 20 2015 email@example.com
- Renamed config option and property from UsersThresholdToDisableAvatars
to DisableAvatarsThreshold as proposed by upstream before accepting
* Wed Nov 11 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add patch add-count-property-to-UserModel.patch: Adds a property so
sddm themes can access the number of users in the system
- Add patch specify-default-config-entries.patch: Stores which config
values have been read from the config file or are just default values.
- Add patch add-threshold-to-disable-avatars.patch: Adds a config option
and property named UsersThresholdToDisableAvatars, if the number of
users in the system is greater than the threshold, use a default avatar
for all users and disable avatar loading.
- These patches together with patches in plasma5-workspace fix bnc#953778
* Fri Nov 06 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 0.13.0:
* Greeter inherits path environment variables from parent so that
themes installed in non-standard paths will work.
* Add ENABLE_PAM option to toggle PAM support at build time.
* Allow overriding textColor in ComboBox.
* Don't cast QByteArray to (char *).
* Disable greeters from loading KDE's debug hander
* Fix multi-screen support for some setups.
* Added Serbian translation.
* Added Traditional Chinese translation.
* Improved German translation.
* Remove failsafe session entry.
* Close the pipe fd passed to X server.
* A few micro-optimizations.
- Removed patches already in this version:
- Updated patches to apply cleanly:
- Added patches from upstream to add a config option that can be
used to disable the loading of user avatars (EnableAvatars):
* Sat Oct 24 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add upstream patches to fix multihead in some cases
(also fixes boo#950293):
* Sun Oct 18 2015 email@example.com
- openSUSE branding now needs to require plasma5-workspace-branding
* Thu Oct 15 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added patches from upstream:
* Sun Oct 11 2015 email@example.com
- Added boo949903.patch: Let sddm also default to plasma5 for last
used session (boo#949903)
* Thu Sep 24 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added shadow BuildRequires, it's needed to check UID_MIN & UID_MAX
* Sat Sep 12 2015 email@example.com
- Change the theme to "maui" in the shipped sddm.conf,
sddm-branding-openSUSE sets it to "breeze" on installation.
- Remove the superfluous requirement for "breeze". This is not
needed even with the "breeze" theme, as it is actually part of
plasma5-workspace which is required by sddm-branding-openSUSE
- sddm-branding-openSUSE should PreReq sddm, otherwise the config
might not exist.
- Make the regexps for sed stricter to really only modify the theme
setting when installing/uninstalling sddm-branding-openSUSE.
Otherwise it would e.g. also replace CursorTheme=breeze_cursors
Also only modify the config on new installation, not during
* Sun Sep 06 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.12.0:
* SDDM now depends on Qt >= 5.3
* Display setup script is now killed if it hasn't finished
within 30 seconds.
* The Maldives non-free background has been replaced by a
* Wayland sessions support
* New sddm.conf option XephyrPath
(defaults to /usr/bin/Xephyr)
* new sddm.conf option ServerArguments
(defaults to -nolisten tcp)
* new sddm.config option DisplayStopCommand (executes Xstop)
* Assorted improvements to the default theme
* Honor TryExec in Xsession desktop files
* Fix session startup on zsh
* Allow setting a custom DBUS_CONFIG_FILENAME at compile time
* Allow SYSTEMD_SYSTEM_UNIT_DIR to be overridden at compile time
* Allow QT_IMPORTS_DIR to be overridden at compile time
* No longer hardcode min/max UIDs, allow setting
UID_MIN and UID_MAX at compile time
* Assorted FreeBSD fixes
* Fix build warnings with Qt 5.5.
* Enable QT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII
* Added Arabic
* Added Hungarian
* Various i18n updates and improvements
* Full right-to-left languages support.
- Drop sddm-wait-for-display-script.patch, merged upstream
* Wed Aug 26 2015 email@example.com
- Added patch from upstream sddm-wait-for-display-script.patch:
avoid a black screen (boo#942815)
* Mon Jun 01 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not split out a -lang package: the translations are not in
standard locations and having the -lang package confuses
bundle-lang-kde, which can't move the files to the bundle, thus
resulting in conflicting packages.
* Mon May 25 2015 email@example.com
- Add sddm-service-handle-plymouth.patch -- sddm has some rudimentary
support for plymouth handling, which only works with
plymouth-quit.service (the servce is not enabled on openSUSE).
For users of sddm.service, we need to issue plymouth quit command
by hand in this case
* Mon May 04 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add sysconfig-support.patch: Support DISPLAYMANAGER_AUTOLOGIN
entry from /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager, the value overwrites
any entry in sddm.conf/[Autologin]/User. Patch also defaults
to plasma5.desktop as default autologin and last selected
sessions. This is controlled only by sddm.conf file.
- Mark sddm.conf as %config(noreplace)
* Wed Apr 29 2015 email@example.com
- Added sddm-relaxed-auth.diff: Insert XAUTHLOCALHOSTNAME into
users enviroment, so the session handles hostname changes with
a single X instance/run
- Use breeze_cursors in openSUSE branding
* Mon Mar 16 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop conflict with lightdm, and move DBus configuration file,
now that sddm is whitelisted
- Drop xdm (Build)Requires
- Install sddm-pam* directly, instead of messing with symlinking
- Add create_pid_file.patch: openSUSE's generic display-manager
service doesn't know what to do without a pid file. drop the patch
as soon as that sick dinosaur is killed
- Drop ommit_systemd_service.patch
* Wed Dec 10 2014 email@example.com
- Add conflict with lightdm due to same DBus configuration file
* Mon Dec 08 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.11.0
* Reload the configuration every time we start a new session
* Fix stderr redirection in the helper. Solving a memory leak
* Set system locale in the greeter
* Bail on chdir failure
* Use QUuid for unique ID generation
* Update lithuanian translations
* Tue Nov 04 2014 email@example.com
- Create openSUSE and upstream branding packages, now only openSUSE
branding depends on plasma5-workspace
* Fri Oct 17 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.10.0:
* BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: Drop support for Qt 4.
* BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: SDDM now prioritizes loading sessions
with a .desktop prefix
* SECURITY: Never try to login as the sddm user (CVE-2014-7271)
* SECURITY: Fix race condition in XAUTHORITY file generation
* SECURITY: XAUTHORITY file is no longer owned by root
* New translation: Kazakh
* Fixed password field initial focus state
* When the default theme is not available, sddm now loads the
first theme in alphabetical order
* Fixed PAM environment variables being overridden
* Fixed autologin with the passwd backend
* Greeter themes can now specify their own icon and
* Various bugfixes with SessionCommand/XSession support
* Various bugfixes with test mode.
* Various cleanups
* Sat Sep 24 2016 email@example.com
- Add 0001-Fall-back-to-regular-login-when-autologin-fails.patch
to fix crash when autologin session not found (boo#1000917)
* Thu Sep 22 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add 0001-Make-the-default-cursor-themed.patch to fix the default
* Wed Sep 21 2016 email@example.com
- Provide sddm-lang
* Thu Sep 15 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the new theme name, breeze-openSUSE, in sddm-branding-openSUSE
- Require the new sddm-theme-openSUSE package
* Wed Jun 08 2016 email@example.com
- Fix build requirements on systemd (bsc#983167)
Use pkgconfig() so we don't need to rely on package names. For the
record, systemd.pc is now part of systemd main package.
* Mon Jul 10 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Replace patch with version merged upstream, to avoid potentially
killing the X server:
* Fri Jul 07 2017 email@example.com
- Add patch to keep old entries in XAUTHORITY file (boo#1043221):
* Fri May 19 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also set the default last session in sysconfig-support.patch
- Adjust 0003-Leave-duplicate-symlinks-out-of-the-SessionModel.patch
to also handle symlinks for the last session
* Thu May 18 2017 email@example.com
- Replace patch with newer version:
* Mon May 15 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add upstream patches:
- Add downstream patch:
- Fix typo in sysconfig-support.patch (DYSPLAY -> DISPLAY)
- Use default.desktop as default autologin session file
* Mon May 08 2017 email@example.com
- BuildRequire python-docutils instead of python3-docutils on SLE
* Fri May 05 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add patch to fix the default X cursor appearing sometimes:
* Tue Apr 25 2017 email@example.com
- BuildRequire python3-docutils directly
* Sat Apr 01 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use default tty (tty7) in systemd unit as specified in sddm.conf:
- Add patch from upstream to allow setting QT_IM_MODULE in sddm.conf:
* Fri Mar 31 2017 email@example.com
- Revert calling plymouth quit with --retain-splash. It is possible
that this prevents logging in on tty1.
* Fri Mar 17 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure neutrality of descriptions.
* Wed Mar 08 2017 email@example.com
- Call "plymouth quit --retain-splash" instead of "plymouth_quit"
in the displaymanager script to hide the text mode login prompt
during boot (the dedicated sddm.service does the same).
- Also, don't call xdm_reload_files, that just re-generates the xdm
config files according to the sysconfig values and only makes
sense for xdm.
* Sat Dec 17 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix typos in description
* Fri Nov 25 2016 email@example.com
- Fix %post and %postun of branding subpackages
* Mon Nov 21 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add various bugfixes from develop branch:
* Wed Oct 05 2016 email@example.com
- Sync with KDE:Frameworks5:LTS, sort sddm.changes
- Remove 0001-Fall-back-to-regular-login-when-autologin-fails.patch