* Thu Feb 11 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 1.17.2
* Implemented device enumeration for OSSv4.
* Fixed building on non-Windows systems without POSIX-2008.
* Fixed Dedicated Dialog and Dedicated LFE effect output.
* Added a build option to override the share install dir.
* Added a build option to static-link libgcc for MinGW.
- Changes for 1.17.1
* Fixed building with JACK and without PulseAudio.
* Fixed building on FreeBSD.
* Fixed the ALSA backend's allow-resampler option.
* Fixed handling of inexact ALSA period counts.
* Altered device naming scheme on Windows backends to better
match other drivers.
* Updated the CoreAudio backend to use the AudioComponent API.
This clears up deprecation warnings for OSX 10.11, although
requires OSX 10.6 or newer.
- Changes for 1.17.0
* Implemented a JACK playback backend.
* Implemented the AL_EXT_BFORMAT and AL_EXT_MULAW_BFORMAT
* Implemented the ALC_SOFT_HRTF extension.
* Implemented C, SSE3, and SSE4.1 based 4- and 8-point Sinc
* Implemented a C and SSE based band-limited Sinc resampler.
This does 12- to 24-point Sinc resampling, and performs
* Implemented B-Format output support for the wave file writer.
This creates FuMa-style first-order Ambisonics wave files
* Implemented a stereo-mode config option for treating stereo
modes as either speakers or headphones.
* Implemented per-device configuration options.
* Fixed handling of PulseAudio and MMDevAPI devices that have
* Fixed a potential lockup when stopping playback of suspended
* Fixed logging of Unicode characters on Windows.
* Fixed 5.1 surround sound channels. By default it will now
use the side channels for the surround output. A
configuration using rear channels is still available.
* Fixed the QSA backend potentially altering the capture
- Update project and download url
- Dropped upstreamed fix-neon-build.patch
- Refreshed openal-no-autospawn.diff
* Fri Oct 02 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- replace openal-soft-arm_neon-only-for-32bit.patch with
fix-neon-build.patch to fix the build instead of disabling neon
* Tue Sep 29 2015 email@example.com
- add openal-soft-arm_neon-only-for-32bit.patch to fix build
* Sun Sep 20 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- baselibs for -devel too for building wine.
* Tue Apr 21 2015 email@example.com
- Use %cmake_install macro
- Add dependency on pkg-config
- Remove missingok from ghost file, it should not be needed
* Fri Mar 13 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- remove conflicts with openal. That package doesn't exist since
11.1 and actually only the library conflicts.
- add back ldconfig calls for libopenal0
- mark alsoft.conf as %config(noreplace,missingok) to silence
rpmlint once the rpmlint bug is fixed.
* Sun Feb 15 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.16.0
* Implemented EFX Chorus, Flanger, Distortion, Equalizer, and Compressor
* Implemented high-pass and band-pass EFX filters.
* Implemented the high-pass filter for the EAXReverb effect.
* Implemented SSE2 and SSE4.1 linear resamplers.
* Implemented Neon-enhanced non-HRTF mixers.
* Implemented a QSA backend, for QNX.
* Implemented the ALC_SOFT_pause_device, AL_SOFT_deferred_updates,
* AL_SOFT_block_alignment, AL_SOFT_MSADPCM, and AL_SOFT_source_length
* Fixed resetting mmdevapi backend devices.
* Fixed clamping when converting 32-bit float samples to integer.
* Fixed modulation range in the Modulator effect.
* Several fixes for the OpenSL playback backend.
* Fixed device specifier names that have Unicode characters on Windows.
* Added support for filenames and paths with Unicode (UTF-8) characters on
* Added support for alsoft.conf config files found in XDG Base Directory
* Specification locations (XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and XDG_CONFIG_HOME, or their
defaults) on non-Windows systems.
* Added a GUI configuration utility (requires Qt 4.8).
* Added support for environment variable expansion in config options (not
keys or section names).
* Added an example that uses SDL2 and ffmpeg.
* Modified examples to use SDL_sound.
* Modified CMake config option names for better sorting.
* HRTF data sets specified in the hrtf_tables config option may now be
relative or absolute filenames.
* Made the default HRTF data set an external file, and added a data set for
48khz playback in addition to 44.1khz.
* Added support for C11 atomic methods.
* Improved support for some non-GNU build systems.
- Add gcc-c++ requirement; new dependency
- Use %cmake macro
* Tue May 07 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- version 1.15.1
* Fixed a regression with retrieving the source's AL_GAIN property.
* Mon Jan 14 2013 email@example.com
- install legacy provides for openal again. Some packages still rely
* Tue Jan 08 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The devel package requires libopenal1, not openal-soft
* Mon Jan 07 2013 email@example.com
- Fixed SLES build
- Removed Requirements that are resolved automatically
- Added missing openal-soft-devel Requirement libopenal1
* Fri Dec 07 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to new version 1.15
- Fixed device enumeration with the OSS backend.
- Reorganized internal mixing logic, so unneeded steps can potentially be skipped for better performance.
- Removed the lookup table for calculating the mixing pans. The panning is now calculated directly for better precision.
- Improved the panning of stereo source channels when using stereo output.
- Improved source filter quality on send paths.
- Added a config option to allow PulseAudio to move streams between devices.
- Currently disabled by default, as the device specifier does not properly update.
- The PulseAudio backend will now attempt to spawn a server by default.
- Added a workaround for a DirectSound bug relating to float32 output.
- Added SSE-based mixers, for HRTF and non-HRTF mixing.
- SSE can be detected at run-time, and be disabled as needed.
- Added support for the new AL_SOFT_source_latency extension.
- Currently, the PulseAudio, ALSA, and MMDevAPI backends provide proper latency information.
- Improved ALSA capture by avoiding an extra buffer when using sizes supported by the underlying device.
- Improved the makehrtf utility to support new options and input formats.
- Modified the CFLAGS declared in the pkg-config file so the "AL/" portion of the header includes can optionally be omitted.
- Added a couple example code programs to show how to apply reverb, and retrieve latency.
- The configuration sample is now installed into the share/openal/ directory instead of /etc/openal.
- Note, /etc/openal/alsoft.conf is still used to read the configuration like before.
- The configuration sample now gets installed by default.
- undo upstream change to auto spawn pulseaudio (openal-no-autospawn.diff)
* Tue Nov 27 2012 email@example.com
- license update: LGPL-2.1+ and GPL-2.0+
See the c files in utils/ - looks like a GPL licensed utility is included
* Mon Nov 12 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to git snapshot close to 1.15
- re-enable OSS support
- also rename libopenal0-soft for consistency
* Mon Nov 05 2012 email@example.com
- Remove support for old distributions
- Remove Icon tag and icon file. It's not normal for openSUSE packages to use it
- Remove Conflicts/Provides for rename from openal. Latest release of the old openal was in openSUSE 11.1.
- Use pkgconfig() BuildRequires
- Run spec-cleaner
- Rename libopenal1-soft to libopenal1
- Disable OSS support
* Sat Jul 21 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- the used fpu control bits are x86 specific
* Tue Jun 26 2012 email@example.com
- new version 1.14
* Improved multi-threaded efficiency, relying less on a "big" mutex in favor of rw-locks and atomic operations where possible.
* Added support for HRTF-based mixing. Stereo output only. The default built-in data set only supports 44100hz playback. See the new hrtf.txt for more information.
* Added CMake options to cause a configuration error if the wanted backends aren't available.
* Modified backends so that only one is used at a time (for each playback and capture), to avoid device ownership conflicts.
* Fixed enumeration in certain backends to not list a default device, when the default device is enumerated normally anyway (eg, with DirectSound and PulseAudio).
* Improved device naming to more closely match the names given by the backends.
* Fixed handling of NaN values for float and double buffer samples.
* Added a new efx-presets.h header to define useful reverb presets for EFX.
* Added support for the ALC_EXT_DEDICATED extension.
* Fixed alc.h to include ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT enums, like other systems.
* Added support for the new AL_SOFT_buffer_samples, AL_SOFT_direct_channels, and ALC_SOFT_loopback extensions.
* Provided an env-var.txt to describe the available options set through environment variables.
* Fixed the source cone angle properties to work with the full 0-to-360 range as intended.
* An env var option is provided to restore the old buggy behavior for apps that need it.
* Added an example program that streams sound using ffmpeg.
* Added a utility to make HRTF data files from the KEMAR diffuse and compact data sets.
- removed rpmlintrc in favor of a lecacy exception in rpmlint itself
* Mon Feb 21 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- new version 1.13
* Added support for the ring modulator EFX effect.
* Duplication of stereo sources (onto side- and rear-channels) in now enabled by default.
This can still be disabled via alsoft.conf.
* Support for the new AL_SOFT_loop_points and AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data extensions.
* Added the ability to redirect log output to a file, by setting the ALSOFT_LOGFILE environment variable.
* Improved invalid parameter checks.
* Better checks against integer overflows when allocating buffer storage.
* Internal mixer support for 8-, 16-, and 32-bit input formats, improving memory consumption by not converting them all to 32-bit.
* Improved device-change handling with the PulseAudio backend.
* All available PulseAudio devices are now enumerated with ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT.
* PulseAudio devices again use the periods and period_size config options.
* Improved stability when PortAudio is enabled.
The library tends to cause a crash when it's unloaded and reloaded.
* Added a WaveOut backend for Windows.
* Added a cubic resampler to replace the cosine resampler.
* Increased the maximum number of source auxiliary sends to 4, and changed the default to 1.
* Massive internal changes to the mixer and buffer loading code, designed for future improvements for allowable input and output formats.
* Tue Mar 30 2010 email@example.com
- new version 1.12.854
* Fixed playback when the PulseAudio buffer is calculated to be more than 64KB.
* Restored compatibility with some older PulseAudio libs.
* Alternative buffer sizing for PulseAudio, specified using a new config option.
* Improved buffer size calculations, to prevent drastic latency changes when certain properties (such as ALC_FREQUENCY) are modified.
* Added capture support for the PortAudio backend.
* Support for PortAudio under Windows.
* Added support for the format extensions AL_EXT_MULAW, AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS, and AL_EXT_DOUBLE.
* Support for the new ALC_EXT_thread_local_context extension.
* Improved library load time by delaying backend device probing until needed.
* Updated alext.h to provide EFX tokens and function types.
* Unsupported effects and filters are no longer returned by alGetEnumValue.
* The Wave File Writer device now creates WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE files, to better handle multi-channel and float output.
* Mon Jan 18 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- new version 1.11.753
* Fixed compatibility with newer PulseAudio libs
* The PulseAudio backend will now be tried first, when available
* Fixed a crash with the echo effect
* Configurable resampler, supporting point, linear (default), and
* Improved reverb, which now supports the Modulation and Echo
* The alsoft/.conf/.ini/rc drivers config option now allows unnamed
backends to remain available, by ending the device list with a
* PulseAudio playback will try to use an output frequency and
channel format that best matches the default sink If the sink
device is configured for 5.1 output at 48khz, for example, OpenAL
Soft will automatically use 5.1 output at 48khz, unless overridden
in the config file.
* Multi-channel sounds are now passed through the auxiliary sends
Although they are down-mixed to mono, losing channel separation.
* Fixed playback when creating a second context from a device
* Added a new config option to enable real-time priority when mixing
for certain backends (ALSA, OSS, Solaris, and DirectSound)
* Buffers now store 32-bit float sample data internally, to retain
32-bit sample accuracy
* Added a new head-dampening config option, for mono and stereo
playback This slightly filters sounds coming from behind, allowing
for some subtle differences between front and back sound sources.
* Added an option to allow spawning the PulseAudio server on demand
* Support for the new AL_EXT_source_distance_model extension